Copyright © 2003-2011, Aishah Schwartz. Permission granted to circulate among private individuals, groups, or in not-for-profit publications in full text and subject title. All other rights reserved.

January 03, 2006

The Official Trivia Post

UPDATE: Since the time when I originally posted this blog, it hadn't crossed my mind again until today. I was doing some research for an article I am writing on Madinah, when I stumbled onto a new discovery. In addition to the date of my wedding anniversary and my mother's birthday being the same (June 8), I just read that many biographers of the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) have recorded the date of his passing out of this dunya to also be June 8, (632)!! Inna lillahi wa inna ilaihi rajoon. Original Post of 11/17/05: One year after embracing Islam in 2002 I decided to create an e-group for sisters. Exactly one year from the date that I started the e-Group, I was in Mecca making my first Umrah. When I was 19 and making a commitment as a Christian to serve God; my husband was 20 and making his first Hajj; 22-years later I would make my Shahada; and 19-years later my husband would return to Egypt. Mine and my husband's wedding anniversary is the same date as my mother's birthday; we were married 14 days after we met! My sister and my husband share the same birthday. The date that my grandson was born in November of 2003 was also the day of Eid. As we were waiting in early 2004 for the Saudi Embassy to give us our visa's so that my husband could start his new job in Taif, I quit my job at a non-profit organization, not knowing for sure when the visa's and airline tickets would come through, and the very next day we got the long-awaited Embassy phone call telling us to pack our bags; we were on our way. The date we started Hajj in January of 2005 also happened to be my birthday. While at Arafat during Hajj I made many duas on behalf of others. There was a particular dua that I just recently learned was answered! A dear sister in Riyadh had told me of her wish to become pregnant; and her desire to have a boy (she already had a girl). Well, during Ramadan, I learned that almost exactly 9 months from when that dua was made on her behalf...subhan'Allah...the pregnancy and baby boy had come to pass. Al-hamdulillah! The very first time I got to see my grandson in person instead of just from a picture was on Valentine's Day, 2005 (it's just trivia!!). There's more, I'll just have to think about it a little...but for now I am tired and I think I will get some sleep. For real! *lol* Copyright © 2005, Aishah Schwartz Permission is granted to circulate among private individuals and groups, to post on Internet sites and to publish in full text and subject title in not-for-profit publications. Contact author for all other rights, which are reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment